Sunday 15 July 2012

Did you make any new friends today?

Making friends - it's such a ball ache. It's something you spend your whole life doing yet most of it dreading.


This weekend I've been thinking about it a lot. I mean, who doesn't worry about making friends?


From starting a new school, to going to Uni, moving away for your first proper job and then changing job. Buying your first house and meeting the neighbours, buying the next house and wondering if you'll build the same relationships again. Starting a family and fitting in with the mums, finding a life for yourselves that's more than just the kids.


But looking back, every time my life has changed direction (or location) I've met more great people to enjoy the journey with. Turns out there are a lot of friendly people out there, more than happy to let a welsh girl in.


So as I get ready to give up the day job and get the eldest off to school, I should be getting that familiar anxiety of starting all over again. But this time I'm excited, turns out this place I live in is full of crazy people and I think I'm going to have a ball.  


(Besides, if I didn't have any friends, I'd have to spend more time at home with my husband)





No comments:

Post a Comment