Monday 19 March 2012

Hello Goodbye

Someone just left in work and it’s strange to see how we all reacted.
I can cope with people leaving, moving on, usually to bigger and better things. In fact I’m usually pleased. If I like someone I always want them to do well. So they leave and I just carry on as I am, plodding along, ready to welcome in the next person.
Everyone is replaceable, no one is indispensable. No matter how good they were, we survived without them before and we’ll survive without them again.
After all, the next day you will wake up, you will go to work and things are 99% the same.  This could be someone else’s big chance to shine.
But for this week, we're a group of slightly batty women floating happily on our hope filled sea.  Rudderless.
Like someone came and stole the steering wheel but the foot’s still on the pedal and until the fog clears we really have no idea in which direction we're heading.
So I’m going to bury my head in the sand and hum loudly. Then I’m going to give myself a good slap and get on with it.
Winning!
I hate goodbyes, I’d much rather say hello.

“Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment