Monday 1 August 2011

If you really love books - pass them on

Books have always been a big part of my life, in an escapist 'I need to get away from real life' way.

I used to keep all the books I read but I soon realised that you run out of shelf space; that books need dusting; that they never started any intelligent conversations and that the thing I most enjoyed was sharing them with other people.

So I stopped hoarding and I started passing them on. And just like handing your children over, or sharing a favourite item of clothing, it pains me everytime I give one away. But then I love it if someone else loves it, even better if they come back and talk to me about it.

The really good ones I remember, others I forget about until I see them in book lists or on other people's shelves.
You should join me. If you really love books, pass them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment